Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and a Birthday Celebration!

This weekend was First of all General Conference for our Church. Sunday meetings are canceled and we stay home and watch a series of conference sessions at which our Prophet and the 12 Apostles among others speak to us. It was wonderful as always and very uplifting. I love listening to our Apostles and our Prophet. It reaffirms my testimony that they are called of God to lead us and guide us in these latter days. It was also Easter Sunday and since everyone would be here for an Easter dinner, we celebrated Heather's birthday,too. We had BBQ chicken, fresh fruit salad, potato salad and rolls and Heather's favorite, BTS cake...not your typical Easter dinner but delicious none the less. After dinner Heather opened her presents. Han and I were the designated picture takers... Han's cousin, My and her husband Ammon were here visiting from Australia for conference and they joined us for dinner. They are newlyweds (4 months) and were so cute together. We really enjoyed getting to know Ammon.
Heather got Sherlock Holmes from Kyle and Han- a great movie! Notice Austin's face in the background-

Grandma and Grandpa Passey gave Heather some $$- always appreciated.
I took Heather out Saturday night for dinner and shopping. She got a cute white skirt and some lotions from Bath and Body. The rest of her gifts were ... this fun little book called "I Will Always Be Your Daughter"- a parable about mothers and daughters. It's the cutest book and fit Heather and I so well. She read it to all of us.
She also got this necklace...
and this sweater and necklace. I bought this necklace for myself as well and she had worn mine the whole day on Saturday, not knowing that she was getting one. The foot is Kyles', he kept trying to sabotage all of my pictures and...well, sometimes it's just bet to let him win.The reading of the book called for a final picture of Mom and Daughter.
Happy Birthday Heather. Hope you have a wonderful day on Wednesday. I'm so glad I will always be your Mother... and your friend!! Love You!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom! Thank you for the wonderful gifts! I love them all! I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't been reading that book in front of everyone it would have made me cry. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a terrific weekend. I love that daughter of yours! Happy birthday Heather!

    ReplyDelete