Thursday, September 1, 2011

He's Going Where?

As we got Austin's mission papers ready and sent in, everyone was speculating on where they thought he would be going to serve his mission. Right from the beginning my guess was Hong Kong China. There were a few times that I wanted to change my guess but as I thought of where I still came back to Hong Kong every time. Well, the call came yesterday in the mail.Austin patiently waited all day for the appointed opening time- 7:00pm with family and friends that he wanted to invite ( Jason would hate that shot of him in the background).
We're ready!!!! Even Heather and Clint joined us on Skype...
"Dear Elder Passey- You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the China Hong Kong Mission."
Everyone cheered so loud that Jane was frightened and started crying. He will be speaking Cantonese and entering the MTC (Mission Training Center) on January 18th! We are so excited for him and this great opportunity he has to aide in taking the gospel to the people of China. I am still in shock that my guess was actually right!

2 comments:

  1. And I am still in shock that he's going to China! I'm so excited for him! He's going to be a great missionary, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hurray! I can't believe he's going to China (and old enough to be going on a mission - crazy!). Way to guess! Moms must have special intuition. :)

    ReplyDelete