Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just some thoughts.

Our Stake had a Women's Conference today entitled "Finding Joy in the Journey- Now."
One of the sisters in our stake painted this painting just for the conference and had the original there. Each of us was given a print of it to take home. This print doesn't do it justice but I loved what she had to say about it.
She said," I wanted this painting to lead the viewer to the Light of the Savior. The path reflects not only the seasons of the year but the various seasons in the lives of sisters who walk there together. Loving, laughing and clasping one another's hand to help each other along the way."


I love how all the seasons are in the picture and there are women at all stages of life depicted in it. As I looked at this painting I thought of the seasons of my life so far and the joys I have had in each of those seasons...as a teen, a newly married woman, a young mother, a mother of teens and now a mother with married children. While I have loved each season for different reasons my greatest joys have been my children. I hope that they will always know how much I love them and how much of a joy they are to me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is beautiful. And yes...your post made me tear up if that's what you were going for :) You are the best mother I ever could have asked for. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a story for you. When Heat and I were in high school, we were going to lunch one day, and we were talking aoout the different stages of having children. Heather was telling me that you really just find joy in each stage of being a mother. I admire that so much about you! Your love for your children always shows!

    ReplyDelete