Wednesday, August 11, 2010

San Diego Trip

Last week we (meaning Steve, Austin and myself) took a quick trip to San Diego. It was a spur of the moment thing resulting from summer boredom. We stayed on Coronado Island at the Marriott Resort.There were ponds running all through the resort, a fantastic pool and hot tub and a walkway following the ocean that led to shops and restaurants.
We visited the Wild Animal Park first. I took about 200 pictures and it is so hard to narrow them down to just a few but this blog would be crazy long otherwise so I am only posting a few of my favorites. This Meercat was adorable and posed so nicely for me.
We were able to feed the deer. This park is a much more hands on place which was so fun.
Lots of birds all around some in enclosed areas like this and some roaming around with you. This guy seemed so like Steve.
One of my favorites was being so close to this beautiful Cheetah. She was a great poser,too.
We took a "Tour of Africa" journey which took us out into the African Tundra where the animals were roaming together. We passed this Rhino on the way who was very protective of her new baby.
We were able to get up close and personal with the giraffes which was so cool! These pics are some of my favorites...
Check out the face of the giraffe in the back!


These baby elephants stole the show. They were so cute playing in the mud.
Our next stop was Sea World and again I have so many great pictures but here are my favorites. The pictures are smaller so just click on them to see them bigger.


We also toured the USS Midway, spent some time shopping at Seaport Village and visited the Mormon Battalion Museum.
Austin's favorite store was the Hat Shop. He must of tried on hats for a good 20 minutes ( you can try on a lot of hats in 20 minutes) making me laugh with his poses.

We had such a good time and it was nice to get away even for a few days. I love San Diego!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Nice job summarizing by the way...I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see your pictures! It takes me back to San Diego, we have hit many of those places before. I really wish I WAS back in San Diego, although I will probably wish it much more in a few months when it's cold and gray!

    ReplyDelete