Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Best Kept Secret In Huntsville

Friday night the Metro Champs (also known as Clint and Vaughn) were playing up in Huntsville at the Texas Pride BBQ and being the avid supporters that we are, we decided to drive up to have some dinner and hear them play. Little did we know that we were in for a delightful culinary experience. The Texas Pride BBQ has only been open for the past three months so very few people even know about it. They offer a variety of smoked meats with an assortment of BBQ sauces on the side. We decided to try the Texas sampler which is a plate of 4-5 meats and four side dishes so that we could give it all a try and we were not disappointed. It was delicious and more than enough for two. We actually shared ours with Heather and we were all full!

Their meats have a great smoke flavor and the sauces are great! I even liked their potato salad and I don't like potato salad! Han came with us because Kyle was working and she had this plate...

Steve and I visited with the owner after dinner out back where he has his smokers. The meat is smoked here every day. This really is an amazing little place. The grounds are very quaint and well kept up.
They even have these little buildings here and there that add to the whole experience. This one is right next to the smokers.
While we ate dinner we were entertained by the Metro Champs, who even played some Simon and Garfunkle (is that spelled right?) for us!
Heather wasn't feeling her best so Clint played a song just for her...He wrote it for her while they were dating. This is Clint serenading his sweetheart...
I just had to tip them .especially after reading the sign they had next to their tipping box!
Steve and I both highly recommend this place if you are in the mood for some really great smoked BBQ food. The drive to Huntsville is totally worth it. Oh, and did I forget to mention we had a pecan pie bar a la mode for desert that was to die for! You really have to check this place out!







2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE barbecue. I'm definitely going there next time I'm in the Huntsville area. The ambiance of that place seems divine. And I love your new blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...just looking at those pictures makes me want that food again SO bad! It was so delicious! I definitely want to go back again. And I love your new background...SO cute :) Thanks for the fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete