Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Super Saturday...

Today started off with a trip to the Salt Lake Temple with Kyle, Han, Heather, Clint, Steve and myself. I love going to the temple and being there with family is even better. I am grateful for the knowledge I have that I can be with my family forever. This evening Steve & I, Austin & his date Sage, and Heather & Clint headed down to Thanksgiving Point to the Jon Schmidt outdoor concert. We thought we arrived in plenty of time but it took so long to get to the parking and then the line was rediculously long that we were still standing in line when the concert was supposed to begin. I asked everyone to give me their best "I have to stand in this long line look."
And this is what I got...
Sage wins for best look!


I'm not sure what I was doing but I look like I am half dead. Anyway, we finally got in and found a spot- which wasn't an easy task because there were so many people there.

The guys and Sage all left to go fetch us some nourishment (desperately needed after standing in that line) and Heather and I kept our spots secure.

While we were waiting for things to begin Jon Schmidt appeared back stage which was right in front of us due to our lack of finding a better spot and I snatched a picture of him and his amazing cello player accompianist, Steve Nelson. I think Jon posed quite well for me ( He is the one in the middle)!
One of the first songs He played was "Waterfall" and as tradition would have it, when he plays that song, the waterfalls behind him all come on. It really is a beautiful spot for an outdoor concert!
This was our vantage point for the evening. I couldn't get a good shot of Steve and his Cello.
The whole concert was amazing! Jon played some of the old classics that he is known for as well as some of his new songs including "Love Story meets Viva La Vida". Due to copyright issues he can't publish that version yet so he also played another version "Love Story Meets Love Story." They are both awesome. He is not only an amazing piano player but he is quite funny, too and has some fun with the audience, which I love!
While we were enjoying his concert the moon came up over the waterfall and made such a beautiful romantic picture. I tried to capture it but wasn't very successful but trust me it was so cool!
It was an awesome evening, the weather was perfect and the entertainment was fantastic!
I am sad to see the summer coming to an end. There is nothing better than doing things like this in the evening on a summer's night.









3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on a number of points made in this post:
    1-Going to the temple was so good! I love being there with family too. It's a great reminder of the blessing we have to be together forever :)
    2-The concert was AMAZING! Even though waiting in line wasn't that fun and we didn't have the best seats, I am so glad we went. Clint really enjoyed it too. And really our seats weren't all that bad.
    3-I'm sad that summer is ending too. Clint told me today that pretty soon I'll have to take down my summer blocks and put up my fall ones. That made me sad. I love fall, but it also means that winter is coming and I don't like winter. I'm sad to see summer go.
    Thanks again for the fun weekend! We definitely needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific weekend. I'm so sad for summer to end. It really flew by this year. At least we have fall, but I'm pretty much dreading the onset of winter. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for organized family Temple trip on Saturday. It was great. And we are glad that you had a fantastic time at the concert. Kyle and I are sad to see summer ends too, we don't like the snow either.

    ReplyDelete