Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend was General Conference weekend for our church, where we all stay home and watch a series of conference sessions on TV during which we receive counsel and instruction from our Prophet and Apostles. I love these Conferences. It reconfrims to me that we are led by a Prophet of God and that God still speaks to us today. The talks were wonderful and it was a great conference! The kids all came home for the weekend to watch Conference with us and Kyle and Han brought their Beatles Rock Band for the Wii. In between the Saturday sessions of Conference we all played. What a fun game! Some of us were much better than others...okay, pretty much the only thing I did decent on was the singing. I even gor a 100 for one of the songs!

Such serious players!
I thought the drums would be the easy ones but I seem to have a hard time keeping up with beat. Everyone else did great on them though.

Heather had way too much fun playing on everything! Here she is rockin out on the guitar!

Kyle and Han get to play all the time so they pretty much schooled us. Austin has quite the pose in this picture.
Clint was a mean, lean rockin machine!

We had so much fun! It didn't matter how well you did or didn't do it was just so fun to jam together! After the second session of Conference, we all made our own homemade pizzas. Homemade dough is great...much less greasy! Steve is putting the finishing touches on his.

Heather and Han posing next to their creations!
Then into the oven they went and presto! Don't these just look delicious!

Oops! Forgot to turn the picture of my pizza...

Heather and Clint made Lime Rickies for everyone. Cute pic of Heather and Han. Notice Heathers' cute new hair cut!

The guys got to eat first because they had to head off to the next session of Conference. I am not sure what Austin is doing with his pizza...

After dinner, the guys headed off and we girls took advantage of their absence to watch a chick flick. BBC has come out with new renditions of some Jane Austen classics and I borrowed "Sense and Sensability" from a friend.
If you haven't seen this one yet you are missing out! It is fantastic...very well done. It is a bit long but well worth it. I like it better than the one with Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson.
Sunday was more of Conference and a family dinner. To top it all off we enjoyed this beautiful sunset last night...

One of the many reasons I love living here is a view like this from my backyard! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!















2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun weekend! And I'm glad "Kyla" and Han brought Beatles Rock Band too :) It was so much fun! It's probably a good thing we don't own that game because I think it would pretty much be all we did. And we know I don't have time to play that all day! Thanks for letting us stay with you-we always love coming to visit! Love to you, dad and Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so cute! I'll have to try Beatles Rock Band sometime. And I'm making homemade pizza for the first time ever this weekend. I'm nervous! Hopefully it'll turn out.

    ReplyDelete