Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Fun Filled Weekend...

My sister Holly and I had planned a girls night for Friday and Heather and Han were able to come, too. You would think that out of four of us, one of us would have remembered to bring their camera but no... none of us did. We started our night at the Craft fair in Farmington where I bought this cute christmas wall hanging. The snowflakes are carved into the wood! I love decorating for Christmas. It is pretty much the only Holiday I do decorate for. After the craft fair we headed to the Royal Jade for some Chinese food and then to the mall. We only had about an hour there before everything closed but I was able to get a couple Christmas gifts for Austin and a couple gifts for Steve to give to me - that's kind of how it is with clothes, I find what I like and what fits then buy it and give it to Steve to wrap and put under the tree. It is just easier then returning clothes after Christmas, what can I say!
We came home and decided to watch "Wives and Daughters" which is about a 5 hour movie and yes - we made it all the way through ( although Heather and I may or may not have had a bit of a snooze somewhere along the way). What time did we go to bed? oh, that would be 3am!

Saturday Steve and I had tickets to go see the Utah Symphony in "Bravo Broadway". It just so happened that Holly's husband, Stephen surprised her with tickets to the same show so we met up with them at the show. The show was a tribute to Broadway Musicals and was absolutely fantastic! They did songs from My Fair Lady, Bye Bye Birdie, WEst Side Story, The Music Man, Les Miserables, Wicked, Cats and Phantom of the Opera to name a few. These three were the guest performers who sang the songs...


Stephanie Block who was Elfaba in the 1st National Touring Company of "Wicked".
Debbie Gravitte who has won a Tony Award for best actress in a musical play and has been in numerous plays on Broadway. She was very funny!

And Gary Mauer who has recently playes as the Phanton in "Phantom Of The Opera". He has also played the part or Raoul. He Stole the show as he sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis. and "All I Ask Of You" (with Stephanie) and "Music of The Night" from Phantom. He was amazing!!! Completely mesmerizing! What a great evening... What a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow-that sounds like it was amazing! I so wish I could have gone. Thanks again for the girls night! It was fun :) I am still in love with that snowflake decoration and secretly wish it was mine :)

    ReplyDelete