Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As is our tradition, we go out to see a movie and then to dinner to start our Christmas eve. Austin, Steve and I went to see Avatar at an Imax theatre in 3D. It was amazing! We thoroughly enjoyed the movie (minus a bit of swearing). The special effects were incredible! We had dinner at Spaghetti Mamas before heading home. Steve read the Christmas story from Luke in the New Testament and then we each wrote down on slips of paper (to be put in a white stocking) what our gift to the Savior was going to be for the coming year. Clint and Heather joined us as we were watching A Christmas Carol (the musical one with Kelsey Grammer).. Austin headed off to bed quite early which made us all suspicious so after he was asleep I went into his room and sure enough, his alarm was set for 6:30am. I turned it off but to no avail- he was up at 5:30 and we were all up by 6:00am.
Coco joined in the festivities with her Christmas sweater...
Don't we all just look so awake and excited?! I didn't take pictures of us opening our presents. I was to busy watching everyone!

Steve got some clothes, a leather laptop briefcase, a socket set a book (the new Joseph Smith Papers), a cool U of U hoodie and slippers among other things.

One of my favorite gifts was the Wii fit Plus and Active programs. I also got some sweaters, a U of U Hoodie, some books and movies( Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion the new versions!)
Another favorite gift was this awesome standing jewelry armoire! Now I have room for more jewelry!!
Austin got some shirts, sweats, the Smallworld game and the best for him were Xbox 360 games!
Which he has played as much as he could for the rest of the day!
Kyle brought his Beatles Rock Band so they played that a bit and we got two new games- Snorta and Curses which we spent time playing also. Both are very fun games!
Part of everyone's gifts were tickets to go see Sherlock Holmes Christmas Night- which we did. Also a fantastic movie!
Everyone stayed over Christmas night and we did a little of everything all over again on Saturday. I love being with family for the holidays and Steve and I had a wonderful time with ours this year.
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't take some time to say how grateful I am for our Savior, Jesus Christ and for his great gift to me and to all of us. It all started with His birth. His birth brought about His death and resurrection which allows all of us to be resurrected and if we are worthy, to live with our Heavenly Father and our families for eternity! There can be no greater gift than that! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas! I love how beautiful your house looks at Christmas. The decorations are gorgeous. Danny and I are going to see Avatar. I'll have to let you know what I think. He really wants to see it. I'm going to see it because I'm his wife and I love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a great Christmas! I think it's funny how in that picture you took of all of us looking sleepy, Austin probably looks the LEAST excited, yet he was the one who woke us all up at 6! Gotta love that kid. Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete