Wednesday, February 17, 2010

San Diego Trip Part 3

We came back to our room Thursday afternoon and found this elephant made from towels on our bed...just like they do on a cruise - love it! A view of the hotel from the beach. This hotel was a little closer to the beach than most of the others along Pacific Beach.
Friday we took a whale watching trip on the Marietta. We stood right at the front that you see in the picture below most of the time that we were out on the ocean.

I would love to have a sailboat like this one. We passed a few that looked like they would be so fun to try out.

Sea Lions soaking up the sun on a buoy. We saw a few swimming along side the boat. We also had some dolphins checking out the boat. They were too fast for me to get pictures of them. We did see a Gray whale and followed it for a while.


The pictures aren't anything like the first whale watching trip we went on last summer but it was fun to be out on the ocean and see these giants in their natural habitat.

We ate at a restaurant called Anthony's - very good - then headed back to the hotel to warm up. It was a bit chilly on the sea. Saturday after having a scrumptious breakfast at Hennessey's Tavern (they had Captain Crunch French Toast. Sounds strange I know but it was sooo good!) some of us wanted to enjoy walking along the ocean and some of us wanted to go on segways so we split up and met back when it was time to go to the airport.

Steve, myself and Lanelle shopped and walked along the beach, watching surfers, gathering shells and getting our feet wet. I may or may not have seen a wave coming and got my pants soaked to the knees. I love taking long walks on the ocean shore!

Troy, Tony and LeAnn took to the segways and enjoyed riding through a park - I'm not sure where they went actually but they had fun.

This was a fun trip but a little short for me. I would love to go back and check out everything we didn't get to this trip. I don't think it will be too hard talking Steve into another trip...maybe this fall?!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way after leaving San Diego! I just want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete