Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Movie Reviews

We have seen a couple movies lately and since I have nothing else interesting happening in my life right now I thought I would share my views on a few that I have watched. First, in the theater...The Karate Kid. Jaden Smith is so much like his father in this movie. He does very well and is amazing at karate. It's hard to watch kids getting beat up even though I know it's not real and the movie is a bit long and slow in places but other than that I liked it. Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith play well together. I give it a B+. It is rated PG and has some mild swearing.
The next two are rentals. First is Young Victoria...
Steve watched this with me and we were both pleasantly surprised. The movie left us wanting to know more about Queen Victoria. This movie is about her beginning years as Queen of England and of the love story between her and Prince Albert, whom she marries. It was very well done. Steve gave it a B+. I gave it an A- ( probably because I love period movies). It is rated PG.
Last of all - Hachi...
This a based on a true story of a Japanese professor and his dog but the story has been changed to an american professor and his dog. This Japanese breed of dog is known for it's loyalty and that's what the story is about- the loyalty of a dog to his master. The story is very slow moving but very touching. Warning: I cried...alot! I gave it a B-. It is rated G.
And there you have it...that's what I have been up to on these rainy days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions. We'll have to check them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete