Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Simple Memorial Day project?

Steve and I thought Monday would be a good time to get our park strip trees planted so off we went to J&J Nursery. We bought (on the advice of out friend Jeff who works there) three Snow Crab Apple Trees. They bear no fruit and have big white blossoms in the spring. Anyway, we thought- "We'll just hurry and plant these before the family gets here for a BBQ." We did get this one planted but the very first whole we dug gave us this nice surprise...

Projects are never as simple as they seem are they? Now we have a leak in our sprinkling system to find and repair. We did get two out of the three trees planted though and left this for the pros to fix. We spent the rest of the day playing yard games but I only got pics of our bean bag tossing skills.

I love some of the facial expressions... such serious players! Heather was our picture taker which is why she is missing from any pictures. After Kyle and Han arrived we had hamburgers on the grill. Hooray for summer barbequing!! Never made it to the pool today- a bit cool and way too crowded!
The day turned out nice in spite of the setbacks. I always love it when we can all get together, eat and play games!

2 comments:

  1. It was fun! Thanks for having us over :) Sorry about the leak...hopefully it's an easy fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your frustration with the project! I swear, that's how it was when my dad and Danny worked on our house when we were getting married. They would just find one thing after another. I hope everything works out okay with your sprinkler system!

    I love how your family spends so much time outside during the summer. I'm with you - I wasn't even thinking about swimming yesterday. A little too overcast and cool for me. But perfect for hanging out and having fun outside!

    ReplyDelete