Saturday, April 4, 2009

Girl's night out

It is General Conference weekend for our church which means we get to listen to our prophet and apostles as they speak to the church worldwide on TV. There are two sessions on Saturday and Sunday with one session Saturday night for the men. While the men are at their meeting...it's girls night out for us! Han, Heather and I headed out to dinner at Rombi Island Grill.

Heather and Han both got rice bowls which did indeed look very delicious but I got one of my favorites...The Aloha Chicken Salad.Chicken, lettuce, gorgonzola cheese, onions and diced mangos with a mango/passion fruit dressing...Mmmmm! Their chips and salsa are great,too.


After dinner we headed over to Rod Works - a favorite home decor store of mine. The store was absolutely packed though (ladies night during conference is a huge deal) and we didn't last too long in there. I was looking for a clock to go in my computer/sewing room and they didn't have what I wanted anyway. Next we headed over to the mall, wandered around a few stores, complained about the prices, then checked out Deseret Book where we found some good deals of which I am not at liberty to divulge because they are gifts for upcoming birthdays and such. It was very crowded there too and the checkout lines were very long

This is Heather and Han emphasizing how tiresome it was waiting in those long lines. Then we were off to Target where I got some new summer P.J.s, then home to meet up with the men.
We all watched the movie "Bolt" together. A very cute movie. We all recommend it. Kyle gave it a B+. Good times!

3 comments:

  1. Aahh! I've been out of town, and I have so much to catch up on! Heather always told me about your girls' nights during the Priesthood session of GC. Glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that comment from Kyle and Han that got deleted was actually me. I didn't realize Han was signed in to the comuter. What I said was...I'm glad we got to go out! It's one of my favorite traditions :)

    ReplyDelete