Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tulip Festival at THanksgiving Point




Every year Thanskgiving Point has a Tulip Festival. They have beautiful gardens there that I could spend hours in during the summer when the roses are in bloom but until today I had never been to their Tulip Festival, held every Spring. Heather and Clint came down to go with us. Truthfully, it wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be, but it was still fun to walk around the gardens and take pictures...I love Spring! And the colors were beautiful...so enjoy some pictures from our day there-
There really were some vibrant colors in the flowers. I loved these little pink balls!








One of my favorite spots in the gardens is a place called The Secret Garden. It is, just as it sounds, a little hidden garden. The archway leading into it is covered with honeysuckle which wasn't in bloom yet, but in the summer is beautiful. These next few pictures were taken in the Secret Garden. It's a very romantic place...



You should see this place in the summer!







The other place that I really like is the waterfall gardens. There are the three big ones pictured below...and above these waterfalls is a path surrounded by smaller waterfalls that all eventually join into the three big ones.




These are a lot of pictures, I know but sometimes it is just too hard to narrow my choices down. Thanks for coming with us Heather and Clint. We for sure have to go back this summer!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we got to go! And I agree, let's go back this summer. I looked on the Thanksgiving Point website and on Jon Schmidt's website, but neither had all of the summer events posted yet. So hopefully they'll have it up soon and we can find out if he's performing there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Danny and I actually just passed a billboard for the festival on our way home, and I told him I'd like to go. Maybe we'll have some pictures too! Love to you and Steve!

    ReplyDelete