Friday, June 5, 2009

Nesting Time

We have the perfect spot for a birds' nest at the top of our porch column. Last year a Robin built her nest there. This year we have swallows or sparrows...we aren't sure which. These guys are much more fearless and stay close by all the time even when we are outside. Austin swears they keep trying to attack him! I work out front in my flower garden which is right by the porch quite often and they will fly all around me the whole time I am out there but they have never tried to attack me. This is the one I think is the male...
And this is the female, again I am guessing but she is the smaller one. I thought they posed very nicely for me.

This is the nest and you can see the head and beak of one of the babies. There are four of them as far as we can tell. They are still fairly new and I haven't seen their eyes open yet. I am hoping to update pictures of them weekly on my blog so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Awww..what cute little birdies :) It's so random that birds always build a nest there. Maybe it will be a yearly thing now.

    ReplyDelete