Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Birds Part 3

Our little birds finally got big enough to leave the nest. The only problem is that they don't seem to want to leave our front porch which has provided plenty of excitement for Gizmo...
She wanted so very much to go outside and meet them in person!

For the last few days they have been content to just hang out on the porch which has left an ugly mess if you know what I mean( I didn't think you would appreciate a picture!)But today they were gone when I got up. I got some good close ups of them before they left. Steve cleaned the porch all up and I am very glad to have my swing back again. No more bird nesting allowed! We were told to buy an owl statue and place it on the porch to keep future birds away so I am on the hunt for an owl statue.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are such sweet bird hosts. I love it. I'm sure it's definitely nice to be able to use your front porch again though! It did make for some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those birds! They are so cute, but you're right-they do make a mess! I can't believe that one of them got in the house! I'll let you know if I find an owl. And the frame on my picture is actually brown. I think the flash from the camera just made it look red. But it is still a really pretty color. You'll have to come up and see it in person!

    ReplyDelete