Friday, May 7, 2010

In Memorium

It was 5 years ago today that our daughter Meghan left this life to serve a mission in the Spirit World. It amazes me that it has been 5 years already and though I miss her and think of her often, the pain and sorrow has lessened greatly. We continue to recieve letters and stories from friends and are so grateful for those- I like to call them tender mercies from our Heavenly Father. We recieved another letter today from a friend of Meghan's who shared with us an experience she had not long after Meghan died. It was a very personal and sacred event for the friend so I will not share the whole story but I wanted to share a paragraph from it in remembrance of Meghan today-
"By virtue of her life, her example in small and simple choices everyday, she lived ready- ready to share the light at the core of her being, ready to testify of the Savior, ready to serve Him with all her heart, might, mind and strength...and she did!"
I want to live- ready- like Meghan!

4 comments:

  1. Great thoughts Mom. They truly are tender mercies, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! I've been thinking a LOT about Meghan lately. She is an amazing woman and I can't wait for another MeghanHug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to e-mail you, but it came back to me. So, hopefully it's okay to post it.

    Passey Family,
    It has been a while since I've written. Life is sometimes more crazy than at other times. But, I think about you and Meghan often... especially during the spring. I am very grateful for all that I've learned from your family! I found your blog through Tiffany's blog and check it every now and then. Looks like your family has grown quite a bit since I've seen you guys! :)

    Well, I am writing this quick note to see if I could possibly get your address. I'm getting married in a couple weeks and I'd like to send you an announcement! :) I'm so excited! His name is Travis and he is an amazing man whom I'm not sure I deserve completely. The Lord is amazing in blessing us in His own time. I am SO grateful for all your examples because I learned a lot about the importance of the gospel through you. I was able to go through the temple last month and am excited to be sealed to a wonderful man in a could weeks!

    It's amazing how much the Lord can do for us and how much He helps us when we try even a little. My life has changed so much over the years and I am so grateful for all the examples I've had in my life to help me recognize the importance of making such changes. I love the gospel! I love the Lord and I love the temple!

    I hope you all have an amazing summer!

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry... my e-mail address is bsmilie26@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete