Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A visit w/my newest niece and a Home Makeover

First of all, my sister, Dona had a baby girl yesterday and Heather and I went to see them today. Little Carmen was not a happy camper when we took her away from Mom to get some pictures. She is a little cutie even when she is crying!
Secondly, I have been a bit busy lately with a little home redecorating which is why I haven't posted a whole lot. You can click on the pictures below to make them bigger and easier to see. I started with the guest bathroom, painting it an olive green to match the guest bedroom.
Next, I wanted an accent wall in our family room upstairs and decided on a dark tan.

Once that was done I thought hmmm.... why not at it in a few more places to compliment my accent wall , so I painted the acloves...


and all the hallways and the garage entrance, which you can see in the picture above. I love how it turned out! My last project was tiling the kitchen backsplash. I have wanted to do this since we moved in but not knowing how to tile made it seem a daunting task. I talked to some neighbors who were willing to let me borrow their tools and show me what to do (thanks Alison and Travis). Heather found a tile pattern that I really liked at Home Depot and Tadaa....

Here is a close up of the tile.

I love it! I keep looking at my kitchen and thinking, "yeah, that's right! I did this!" It is amazing how a little paint here and a little tile there can make such a huge difference. Everything was so tan before- all the walls the same color and now I have color in almost every room. The downstairs Family room is next but I think I am all done for now!

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures of your home are stunning! You have such an eye for decorating, and everything turned out great. I especially love the paint in the alcoves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing!! I'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing ! you do a wonderful job of it !!! I'm proud of you too Love Mom

    ReplyDelete