Wednesday, February 25, 2009

26th wedding anniversary

It is our 26th wedding anniversary today. Our big plans are really for this weekend but tonight, Steve and I went out to dinner to celebrate. If we really want to celebrate big there is one resteraunt that is a favorite. This place has the best steaks ever! The menu is a-la-carte which means you order all side dishes seperately. I ordered my favorite... a petite fillet mignon topped with a bleu cheese crust. It comes out sizzling on a plate baked to 500 degrees.
Steve ordered the chef's special for the night which was a petite fillet with a lobster tail (flown in fresh from Maine no less).
I'm tellin' ya, these steaks are to die for! I have never had better! The sides we ordered were their sweet potato casserrole and creamed spinach.Now, I know some of you may be turning your noses up at the creamed spinach but it is excellent and even better is the sweet potato casserole. The best you will ever have. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful this meal was. I had been looking forward to it all week. Of course, when you are celebrating one must have dessert and creme bruelet was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner.

Steve had flowers delivered to me during the day...well I wasn't home when they came so I had to go pick them up myself but it's the thought that counts and they are beautiful!
I am grateful to be married to such a wonderful man. He is my best friend. We have been through lots of ups and downs together but everything has brought us closer together. On this anniversary, Steve, to echo words already penned- "I don't just love you still, but so much more."

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to both of you! You are both such fantastic role models of good partners in a marriage. I'm so happy for you!

    And I love that you posted food stuff. That's my favorite!

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...just seeing those pictures makes my mouth water. I want to go there again someday when we have more money :) I'm glad you had a good time! You have always been such a great example to me of how to have a happy marriage. I love you both so much and I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete