Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

For many years now I have been making a fancy dinner for my family on Valentine's Day. With Heather and Kyle married I thought maybe I wouldn't do it anymore but Austin was still looking forward to it and it is so fun to do, so...

The table was set with our china and crystal and goldware. The centerpiece this year was an edible bouquet of tulips(strawberries with marshmallows in their centers). A favorite every year is my molded heart jello and of course we can't forget the bubbly!

Austin and Steve's gifts were in their chairs.
The first course was jello, salad and rolls, followed by the main course of Creamy Italian Chicken and Steamed Asparagus.
Thanks for the recipe Heather. It was delicious! A Big Hit! Tulip strawberries flowed freely throughout the dinner, mm-good! And what's a fancy dinner without a gourmet dessert....

A chocolate mousse cheesecake from the cheesecake factory! I know your mouths are watering!After dinner we opened our gifts. Steve got a gift card to Home Depot, a t-shirt from Aero and some chocolate raspberry truffles.


Austin got a gift card to Blockbuster, a T-shirt and M & Ms...And I got a CD of the Mormon Tab Choir singing songs about the prophet Joseph Smith.To top it all off, while we were enjoying our Valentine evening together, Mother Nature gave us a Valentine gift of her own...Couldn't ask for better than that! Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mom! Someday, I will be as fancy as you :) And what a beautiful sunset! That is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad you liked the recipe. Looks like it turned out good! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing tradition! I absolutely love it. You really go all out, and everything looked so yummy. You or Heather should post the recipe for that delicious-looking chicken. Hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day (and your gifts)!

    ReplyDelete