Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Creamy Italian Chicken Recipe

Jenny asked for the chicken recipe from our Valentine's dinner so here it is for all of you to enjoy!
Creamy Italian Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I used chicken tenderloins about 8)
1 envelope italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup, condensed
4-6 ounces fesh sliced mushrooms
Place chicken in greased slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl beat cream chesse and soup until well blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 2 hours longer on high heat. Makes four servings.

My crockpot seems to cook faster so I only cooked the chicken and salad dressing for two hours then added the rest and cooked it on low for 2 more hours. I served it over linguine but I bet angel hair pasta would be great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment