Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Recipe for Yummy Bread

I was making bread today and thought "Why not share this great recipe!" It's one of my favorites to make because it is full of good stuff and quick to make. The recipe follows below the picture...enjoy!

Golden Oatmeal Bread

1 c. flour

3/4c. quick-cooking oats

1/2c. whole wheat flour

1/2c. sugar

2 tsps. baking powder

3/4tsps. baking soda

1/2tsp. cinnamon

3/4c. applesauce

1 egg

1 1/2 tsps. vanilla

1/3c. golden raisins

In a large bowl combine white flour, oats, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl combine the applesauce, egg and vanilla: stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Pour into loaf pan sprayed with Pam. Bake @325 for 50-55 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I've been wanting to make bread for awhile now, but looking at most recipes, I've been thinking that I'll just get stressed out because they're all so complicated. This one is so simple though! And it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...do I get a taste test tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete