Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Sad Day

Steve and I have been gone on vacation for the past couple of weeks...hence the absence of blogs. We came home to find that Gizmo was very sick. Unfortunately, this time we couldn't make it all better. She had liver and kidney failure and we had to put her to sleep today. I really thought that when this day came I would be fine with it but this was so hard. I felt like I was losing my best friend. She has been my companion during the day for 10+ years. I am going to miss her so much! She was a great dog and very loved by all of us!
I can just see her now running through a meadow of grass up in heaven, into the arms of Meghan...now together, they will wait for us.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh Mom! I was doing fine and you made me cry all over again! Honestly though, I haven't been able to think of much else all day. It's still so hard to believe that she's actually gone. I can't imagine coming home to your house and not having her there. I know what you mean about feeling like you've lost a friend. She really was a part of our family and I think I'll always feel like something is missing without her. She was a great dog and I will miss her like crazy. As Clint put it when I got home, "Meghan can take care of her now." I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bawling right now. Beautifully written, Julie. I'll miss Gizmo so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am sorry to hear about Gizmo...she really was a fun dog! I agree though-she is just running and playing with Megs now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Gizzy! That's so sad! I'm sure she's with Meghan now! That's a comforting thought.

    ReplyDelete