Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Paul McCartney Concert

Last night was the much anticipated Paul McCartney Concert. His first time ever in Utah and an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. Knowing how much of a Beatles fan Kyle is(probably the biggest ever!), we bought him a ticket to go with Steve and I as an early birthday present. Waiting for the concert to begin- a very cheesy smile from Kyle. We had great seats on the field. Wish they could have been closer...maybe next time?!!
This was the best concert I have ever been to and I doubt anything could even come close. Paul was amazing from start to finish. He played for two hours straight without so much as a break for a drink of water. Then he came back on for two encores and performed around six more songs. Kyle has a list of all the songs he performed on his blog so check it out. He sings, plays numorous types of guitars, plays the piano, whistles like nothing I have ever heard and has a great sense of humor to boot. An all around fantastic entertainer.

The stage was amazing with two giant screens on either side. You can see we were a ways back but still they were pretty good seats. No opening act to start things off- Paul just came out and started...

The screens got easier to see as the night came on.
I'm not going to comment on the rest of the pictures but here they are...






I wanted to post one of the videos that Kyle shot from my camera but it was taking too long to upload. I will try again tomorrow. I really can't say enough about how great the concert was but if I ever get the chance to go again, you better believe I will be there!

3 comments:

  1. I bought a bunch of live recordings by Paul on iTunes and such. The ones he sang at our concert. I'll have to make you a cd so you don't forget in your old age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even THAT big of a Paul McCartney fan and yet I'm a little jealous that I didn't get to go. It sounds like an awesome concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been fantastic I sure would have loved to be there He is from my era!!!!!

    ReplyDelete