Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day this year was jammed full of fun. Our community pool always opens on this weekend and Austin made sure he was there first thing this morning. Clint and Steve went with him. Austin couldn't resist a pose for the camera and He and Clint had a handstand contest. Austin is the tall legged one!Heather and I didn't think it was quite warm enough at 9:00am to be swimming but we did go and relax for a bit.Next it was on to the cemetery to visit Meghan's grave, which looked beautiful. The whole cemetery always looks so nice on this Holiday and is always very crowded.Austin has a bug collection due at school so he was off to do that with a friend...I am sure those viewing this blog won't mind if I don't post pictures of his bugs. Heather and Clint left for a while and that left Han, Kyle Steve and I. We played a new bean bag toss game we bought for a while and then Steve and I played more bananagrams. Once Clint and Heather returned we just had to play a round of canasta!
Clint put on his serious face for the camera...Steve and I won this round! The rest of the day and evening was spent at our good friends, the Hanks' Home with the Butterfields joining the fun also.

We have been friends with these two families for about 12 years now and count them as some of our dearest friends...like family really. Tony Hanks was our Chef of the day...cooking up hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken. Mmmm...I love Barbeques

Starting in the far background...in this picture we have Ammon , Clint, Heather, Kyle, Han , Max , Lanelle , Austin, Tyson and a bit of Troys' face.

Troy, Amanda, Tony, Lanelle, Hailey...Seconds anyone? Lots of yummy food and good company.In between all the eating we played games. A few of us teamed together to play the bean bag toss game,

while other played a little badminton and volleyball or just hung out, ate and chatted.We had the biggest game of bocce ever played I'm sure, using multiple sets so that we could all have a ball to throw. This was so fun! Some of us carry our posing to the extreme!
After bocce, we played a few games of tag and ended the night at about 9:15pm. What a fun packed day! I don't think I laugh more than when we are with these great friends. I am so grateful to have them in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. We had such a great time hanging out! On our way home we were talking about how great the Hanks' and Butterfields are and how lucky you guys are to have them as such great friends. I was telling Clint more of my favorite memories with them and he was saying he really likes them and likes spending time with them. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I especially love that last picture. And I'm jealous because WE NEED TO PLAY CANASTA! Let's make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete