Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

Mothers Day weekend began with a day of yard work on Saturday. I know some of you are thinking that doesn't sound very good but I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when the yard is looking good and I love digging in the dirt and planting pretty flowers. We spent the morning taking up the bark from around our flowers and shrubs, then Steve and I went to pick out some annuals and a few new perennials to plant. We decided to try this new rubber mulch we found that looks like the real stuff but doesn't fade or need replacing. I managed to get the bed by the porch done before it was time to quit for the day.

Here is the finished bed so far. The rubber mulch looks really good! These front flowers are Gerber daisies and African daisies. Hopefully they will live and flourish. I am trying a new plant this year...Columbine. I thought it was so pretty and it will come up again every year! After working for a good part of the day, we got cleaned up and headed up to Snow Basin to meet our favorite photographer Ryan Thompson. We spent the rest of the afternoon posing for him while he took family photos. It was a bit cold and very windy, which didn't bother my hair but Han and Heather had a hard time taming theirs. Hopefully the pics will be good! The background was beautiful!
Heather couldn't wait until Mother's Day to have me open her present so I put her out of her misery and opened this!










It is a beautiful frame that she made for me to match my computer/sewing room. It is made with scrapbook paper modgepodged onto the frame. I love it! Good job Heather!



Han is not very good at waiting either and she and Kyle gave me their card first which said that I could shake their gift and if I guessed what it was... I could have it for free! To which I responded, "Don't I get it for free anyway?" I guess you had to be there cause we thought it was funny at the time! Anyway between Heather and Me we finally guessed that it was maracas and indeed we were right! They came with a Wii game called Samba De Amigo. This game is so much fun! We played almost the rest of the night.









You hook your controller and your nunchuck from the Wii into the maracas and then it is similar to playing guitar hero. You pick a song and shake your maracas up, to the side or down as directed. Occasionally you have to copy a pose or a dance move. It is one of the funnest games I have played! I love it! Don't mind the fact that I am in my jammies!


The music is great and fun to dance to. All the little people on the screen are dancing too and it is hillarious to watch!


Everyone was getting into it and having so much fun. Clint and Austin weren't there but the rest of us played until our arms were hurting.




Kyle and Han even got some dance time while Steve was shaking his maracas




Sunday after Church Steve cooked us up a delicious barbeque. We had marinated pork loin chops and Kabobs with green and red peppers, onions, tomatoes and pineapples on them.




Here's my wonderful chef/ husband and look at that grill! Mmmmm! Steve is a master when it comes to grilling!



Besides cooking dinner, Steve gave me some flowers ...


and a game called Bananagrams. The game comes in a banana shaped pouch. There are tiles like scrabble tiles and each person playing has to make their own crossword puzzles using all their tiles before anyone else to win. There is a little more to it than that but that is the general idea. Anyone who knows me knows I love crossword puzzles so, for me, this is a fun game, too!


It was a wonderful weekend! The best part was having the family all together!

3 comments:

  1. We had so much fun spending the weekend down there, as always! Samba, Samba was my favorite part...I also enjoyed when Clint read us the story about Amigo in his Mexican accent. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things to comment about! Your flowers look absolutely beautiful. I really want to plant more things at our house. Danny and I are taking a class on gardening, and I'm really excited for it. I'm such a novice, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. That maracas game looks like so much fun! I really want to try it out. My fam is still hooked on Mario Kart, so I might have to wait a little bit longer :) Steve's dinner sounds absolutely delish. So glad you had a great Mother's Day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower beds look terrific and the maraca game looks tpo be great fun .I also love crosswords and that looks like a fun game too, Would really have enjoyed that grilled meal Yum Yum Love Mom

    ReplyDelete